At Parkview we all work together to plan an appropriate and stimulating environment and activities for the children, We hope parents will build a close relationship with their key worker and other staff.
Rhiannon Hughes- Head Teacher
'I have been Head teacher at Parkview since September 2021 and I am extremely priviliged to be part of the team here at Parkview Nursery School. I wholeheartedy believe in giving every child the skills and knowledge to be able to acheive their full potential. I live in Seascale with my Husband and our daughter, Willow. We are very lucky to be able to enjoy icecream by the beach just a 5 minute walk from home!'
Sheila Barrett - Teacher and Key Person for Red Group
'I am the key worker for red group in both the morning and the afternoon as I work full time. I have taught at Parkview Nursery since 2009 and really value the support and respect offered by the parents and the local community. Previously I taught in London, where I really enjoyed going to the theatre. I also lived and taught in a country in Africa called Mozambique, where I had many fantastic holidays seeing wild animals such as lions and gorillas! I have also taught in Cumbrian villages such as Seascale and Egremont enjoying playing Squash as my hobby. As a Teacher I have taught classes of children across the age ranges from 3 to 8. I have also run my own successful childminding business catering for children from 3 months old, employing assistants as it flourished. I have accepted a variety of responsibilities over my teaching career and currently work as the SENCO at Parkview.'
Diane Craghill - Higher Level Teaching Assistant and Key Person for Green Group
'I have worked at the nursery for quite a few years now so I am like a piece of the furniture! I really enjoy playing and working with the children and seeing them develop during their time here. Home is in Haverigg, where I live with my family, my daughter Ellie who is growing up very fast and the family dog called Harvey. We enjoy going on walks together and sometimes we have to help my dad round up the sheep. I like sports, especially football, rugby and swimming.'
Kelly Smith - Higher Level Teaching Assistant and Key Person for White Group
Sheryl Kendall - Teaching Assistant
'I have worked at Parkview Nursery School since 2005. Prior to working here I worked in administration for a large company for several years, until I decided on a complete career change and retrained in Early Years Education. I am so glad I did! I have lived in Millom all my life. I am married and I have two teenage sons, Jack and Luke. In my free time I like a bit of retail therapy, enjoy visiting different places, watching my sons play rugby, enjoy reading and like to catch up with friends and family'
Michelle Lancaster - Teaching Assistant
Katharine Betteridge - Teaching Assistant
'I have worked in early years for over 18 years and have loved every minute of it!
I have 3 lovely daughters, 2 that have grown up and flown the nest and another that lives with myself and my husband, in Millom.
I enjoy long walks in the sunshine with our dog; Penny, cups of tea (with dippy biscuits) and sitting quietly, reading.'
Victoria Bradley - School Administrator
'I am the School Administrator and Clerk to the Governors for Parkview Nursery. I live with my husband and 2 children, 1 daughter and 1 son at Whitbeck on our family run beef and sheep farm. I moved to the area nearly 20 years ago from a little village called Witherslack, near Grange-over-Sands. When not at work I can be found helping on the farm. In my spare time (which is very rare!) I like taking the children to Silecroft beach, shopping and days out with the family.
Rebecca Hayes - Lunchtime Supervisor
Mariann Dawson - Lunchtime Supervisor and Cleaner
- To ensure all children are given equal opportunity to achieve their full potential through an education based on their individual needs
- To scaffold and inspire children's learning with careful consideration given to their interests nurturing them in all areas of learning
- To provide each and every child with a joyful, stimulating environment which includes rich outdoor learning
- To celebrate each individual’s achievements through praise each and every day
- To encourage each individual at Parkview to care for their community and environment
- Happiness and Wellbeing – promoting a kind, positive and respectful environment
- Health and Self-worth – promoting a healthy, mindful attitude towards life for children and families
- Nurture - promoting a caring, considerate environment that supports our families
- Environment – promoting curiosity, awe and wonder at the world through stimulating, challenging activities and resources
We have a clear vision of what we want to achieve at Parkview Nursery School:
- To provide a welcoming, nurturing environment in which children feel safe to take risks
- To create an environment in which our children, families and staff feel respected and listened to
- To help all children to prepare for a bright future
Parkview Nursery School – ‘Inspiring young hearts, bodies and minds’.
8.45 to 3.30 Monday to Friday (term time only)